The Small Grants Fund enables organisations to access smaller amounts of funding outside the main Trustee meetings. Requests to the Small Grants Fund are considered at least six times a year and there are no deadlines. The Charity endeavours to ensure that funds are awarded in a timely manner, relevant to project delivery dates (e.g. before school holidays). The Small Grants Fund is often used as an introduction to the Charity and grants awarded under this Fund can develop into larger grants.
Small Grants Application Process
The Small Grants Fund is a quicker and easier route to accessing funding from John Lyon’s Charity.
- There are no deadlines for applications made under the Small Grants Fund.
- Requests are considered approximately six times a year.
- The maximum amount awarded under the Small Grants Fund is £5,000 for one year only.
- An organisation may have a maximum of two consecutive Small Grants. It should then consider applying to the Main Grants Fund. Repeat requests must build on the previous work and not be for something new.
- Requests for new projects should wait 12 months between requests.
How To Apply
When applying for a Small Grant, we operate a two-stage application process. We try to respond to requests for Small Grants as quickly as possible but please apply in plenty of time before your project is due to commence.
Please note, reports are required after nine months and if a repeat request is expected in the following year applicants may be referred to the Main Grants Fund.
If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please read the Grant Policies and check the Eligibility Tracker before going any further.
If you feel the Small Grant is the right grant for you, please click here to find out further information regarding the application process and begin your application.